8 foods that slow down your age
“It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Elliot
What you put on your plate might affect what you see when you peek into the mirror. Poor quality of food can increase the process of ageing. Ageing is a common biological phenomenon but you can make yourself look radiant each day by following a few mantras.
From brain to skin, what you eat, matters a lot. You can help your skin to stay strong and lustrous by consuming proper food and following a perfect diet.
We have listed out 8 foods, which will help you to look elegant with incandescent skin, irrespective of your age.
- Anti-oxidant rich tea–Apart from the normal tea, consume green tea, black tea, rooibos tea and white tea to slow down your ageing process. These teas contain polyphenols (a kind of anti-oxidant), which protects your skin from radical damage. Try to consume one of these teas twice in a day.
- Leafy Vegetables – A bunch of leafy vegetables add a beauty to the market place. But these green leafy vegetables can help you add a glow to your skin too. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, beet greens provide high level of anti-oxidants and thus, helps protects your skin from the complications of ageing. They contain Vitamin C which can help your skin to look younger. Make a habit of consuming green leafy vegetables during your lunch.
- Turmeric–Consuming dishes made up of adding turmeric can keep your youth intact and will also protect you from wrinkles and dark circles. Turmeric contains ‘Curcumin’ (an anti-ageing ingredient) which will turn off the inflammation in your body. Sprinkle a bit of turmeric on omelet, stew, soup or salads.
- Juice of Pomegranate–Consuming one glass of pomegranate juice everyday can retain your glowing skin and will keep you youthful. Pomegranate juice contains antioxidants which help to slow down the process of DNA breakdown in your cellular structure. It implies that consuming a glass of pomegranate juice daily can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes. To gain more benefit of pomegranate, try to take the juice without adding sugar or any other preservatives.
- Berries – Are you wondering how berries can help your skin glow? Blueberries, Strawberries and Blackberries contain an antioxidant named Anthocyanins. They contain Vitamin C which keeps your skin radiant, free of wrinkles. Include the berries in your diet to enjoy the beauty of your youthful and glistening skin texture.
- Mushrooms – Adding mushrooms to your diet will help you to glow, irrespective of your age. The fungi in mushrooms are known to promote healthy circulation, resulting in a vibrant skin appearance. Always prefer taking Shiitake or Maitake mushrooms to increase the circulation of blood. Consume mushrooms in form of a curry and make sure that you include it in your lunch or dinner.
- Fish–If you belong to the non-vegetarian category, consuming two fish per week can maintain the glow of your skin and will keep you youthful. Fish contains Omega-3 fatty acid which offers a lot of anti-ageing advantages. Prefer consuming fatty fishes such as Salmon or Tuna. Apart from offering a good vibrant skin, Omega-3 acid helps in strengthening the texture of your hair.
- Garlic – It is an extremely effective antioxidant and helps you to regain your glowing youthful skin. It helps to destroy the antibiotic-resistant bacteria and also fights against various infections. One of the best ways to consume garlic is take a fresh clove, smash it and eat it after a few minutes.
You can’t stop the natural process of ageing but by adopting the consumption of above-listed foods, you can bring back the radiant texture of skin.
Look good to feel good!