We live in an era where the likes of Sandra Bullock, Julianne Moor and Charlize Theron have redefined ageing. With healthy eating habits and disciplined fitness routines, these women have proved that it is not too difficult to be beautiful for eternity. It is true that many people go for cosmetic interventions but then they can’t really boast of inner glow and contagious energy. Here are some fitness lessons you can use to make ageing an enriching experience –
- Right posture matters a lot: When you are young, you can strut around casually and lounge on the most uncomfortable chairs without giving it any thought. But as you age, poor posture can lead to various problems. Right posture helps you avoid circulatory and skeletal problems as well as improves the way your body ages. The right posture not only makes you look younger but also gives you a constant surge in energy through the day.
- Meditation is not just for your mind: It is believed that meditation helps you achieve balance in your life. And, it is meant for those who are too stressed or too short-tempered or worse, too withdrawn from the world. Well, here’s some news for you. Regular meditation can even help you fight signs of ageing. When you meditate regularly, your skin starts to glow and early signs of ageing such as fine lines, crow’s feet and dark patches reduce substantially.
- Water is your best friend: This is probably the most important lesson for all ages. And, it is even more critical when you are fighting against skin problems like dryness, fine lines and pigmentation. Drink 10 oz or more of water every day and include fruits and vegetables in your diet to improve your water intake.
- Adopt a fitness routine you can enjoy: Endurance training is the best way to improve your stamina and delay ageing. But, what’s the point if you hate doing it. Look for a fitness routine that you enjoy doing. Try weekly sessions of Zumba or freestyle dancing or take up activities like tennis or kickboxing. This will not only help you improve your physical form but will also keep your mind sharp and active.
- Moisturize, Moisturize and then Moisturize: Your body needs hydration both from inside and outside. While, drinking water can keep your body hydrated from the inside, use a suitable moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated at all times. Fine lines, wrinkles and sagging of skin often happen due to poor skin nutrition. Make moisturizing a daily habit and watch your skin regain its younger appearance and glow. You can check out Epique’s range of moisturizers formulated just for the needs of mature skin.
It is impossible to stop the time, but it is definitely possible to negate its effects. Share with us your tips and tricks to beat time.