Skincare Routine for Beautiful Winters
The temperatures drop, the days get longer and the landscape turns white with snow. These are the signs of the arrival of winters. Winters is fun as it gives us a great time playing in the snow, skiing and warming ourselves under the winter sun. While there is a lot to cherish about this season, it is also true that it takes a great toll on your skin.
You should be aware that your skin needs a different care during the winter season. Winters bring about an uncomfortable dryness to the skin of your face, hands and feet.
We list out 5 skincare routine, which needs to be followed during winters, in order to experience a soft and smooth skin texture.
- Moisturize – Winters rob your skin of its moisture and leave it dry. While it is necessary to moisturize your skin in summer or spring, it is a must during winters. Since your skin needs more moisturizer during the winters, it is recommended that you opt for a natural based moisturizer. Epique has formulated a range of moisturizer just for the needs of matures skin. Take your pick and ensure to apply it every 3-4 hours to keep your skin hydrated enough.
- Avoid long baths – There is nothing like a hot water bath on a winter day. While you might want to spend a long time under the shower or in the bathtub, the fact is that you should not. Hot water takes away the natural softness of your skin and results in more dryness. Instead of hot water, prefer warm water or cut the duration of your bath. Make a note to add a few drops of essential oil to your bathing water.
- Exfoliation – A mild exfoliation can help you to fight against the issue of skin dryness during winters. Try using products such as Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliation or Mario Badescu cleanser as they are rich in fruit enzyme. Applying exfoliation moisturizers such as NeoStrata Smoothing Cream can prevent your skin from extreme dryness.
- Wear Sunscreen – Do not forget the use of sunscreen, especially during the winter times. Reflection of sun’s rays on a winter day is more dangerous than the reflection of sun on a summer day at a beach. Make sure that your sunscreen has sufficient SPF rating to provide complete protection to your skin. Epique Advanced UV Protection System with 50 SPF caters to the needs of mature skin.
- Overnight facial – It is a new concept for preventing the dryness of your skin. Apply a mask overnight, while you sleep, to gain an extra boost of hydration to your skin. Try applying “Origins Drink up Intensive Overnight Mask”, which has a creamy texture and will leave your skin with a soft touch in the morning.
A healthy skin care routine is a must during the winter season to keep your skin free from dryness. Share your way of keeping your skin glowing with us.