There are scores of exercises and workout regime for each and every part of your body. But, have you ever wondered what’s the best way to give your face that toned look? A well-defined chin and cheekbones, with bag-less under eyes and a long neck, can offset your beautifully toned body perfectly. And the best way to achieve this is by Face Yoga.
Today, face yoga has gained importance amongst the fitness-conscious and has become the primary choice of anti-ageing treatment for many. Face yoga helps to relax the muscles of your face, especially in the areas of jaw, forehead and brow.
Its main benefit is that it helps to release the tension and restores the youthfulness in you.
5 Face Yoga exercises to get you started:
- V Exercise – If you are planning to take up an eye surgery, don't. The V exercise is best for eye bags, puffiness and drooping eyelids. It is a simple exercise to combat ageing. Press both your middle fingers at the inner corner of the eyebrows and then, apply pressure to the outer corner of your eyebrows with both the index fingers. Look up and slowly, raise the lower lid upward. Relax for some time.
- Giraffe – You can easily guess from the name of the exercise that it is meant for your neck and jaw lift. Look up and place your finger tips at the bottom of your neck. Rub the skin downwards with the head tilted back. Then, look down and repeat the stoking part again. Finally, project the lower lip outwards as far as possible to pull the corner f the mouth down.
- Widening Eye – In this exercise, try to open your eye as much as possible, by showing off a larger portion of the white area. Keep the eye wide open till it starts watering. By holding on to such exercise, the muscles around your eyes and brow help to remove the wrinkles and scars of that region.
- Smoothen your brow – This exercise is best for horizontal forehead lines. Place both the hands on the forehead and spread out all the fingers between the eyebrow and the hairline. Apply a minimal pressure to tighten the skin. Relax and keep repeating the exercise for some time to delay the process of ageing.
- Buddha Face – It is a simple way of doing Face Yoga. Sit calmly with closed eyes and a light smile and then, imagine the smiling face of Buddha. Imagine that you are trying to match his expression. This face yoga encourages you to keep smiling always and further, helps in the formation of fewer wrinkles.
Just as your body needs regular exercise, your face too needs to get a proper exercise. Include face yoga in your fitness regime and enjoy a healthy and glowing skin.
"The article is based on the information available in public and which the author believes to be true. The author is not disseminating any information, which the author believes or knows, is confidential or in conflict with the privacy of any person. The views expressed or information supplied through this article is mere opinion and observation of the author. The author does not intend to defame, insult or, cause loss or damage to anyone, in any manner, through this article.”